ASHI Client Bill of Rights
- To be assured the inspector is objective in his or her reporting and will not knowingly understate or overstate the significance of reported conditions.
- To be assured the inspector's opinion is based on genuine conviction within the scope of his or her education and experience.
- To be assured the inspector stays current with the industry body of knowledge through continuing education.
- To be assured the inspector will not disclose inspection results or client information without client approval.
- To be assured the inspector has not accepted any form of compensation for recommending contractors, services or products.
- To be assured the inspector will not offer to repair or replace for compensation any component covered by the ASHI Standards of Practice for one year after the inspection.
- To be assured future referrals to the inspector from real estate agents are not dependent on the inspection findings or the sale of the property.
- To be assured the home inspector has no financial interest in the transaction.
- To be assured the inspector is not receiving compensation for the inspection from any other party.
- To be assured the inspector did not compensate the real estate agent or other party for the referral to the client.